Friday 12 February 2016

Beginning this Blog - Waiting on My Callsign

This will be the beginning of a new ham radio blog.


My name is Kimberly Olsen and I have been involved with radio, sound engineering and tech pursuits almost all of my life. I only became a licensed amateur in 2008. I hold an Advanced Amateur Operators Certificate of Proficiency.

I moved from Queensland in November but only got around to setting up one of my radios just now in February. A great deal of my equipment including vintage radios is in storage in QLD. How much of it I will be able to bring here I do not know. I moved from acreage to a one bedroom apartment. I maintain an address in Queensland so for now I will hold my QLD call sign but I have applied for a new VK2 call, VK2KMI. I am also waiting to see if my application to ALARA will be approved.


My massive shack is now reduced to this, but I have plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment