Monday 22 February 2016

Every Girl Loves a Project

While many may perceive my hobby to be the domain of men, particularly older men, the truth is quite different and it seems every girl loves a good ham radio project.








So it is that I began a ham radio project in a much more modest way than I am used to, since my move to a small apartment from acreage. I decided my next project should be a 20 m HF loop antenna for my balcony. The 20m band is one I have stayed away from a great deal in the past preferring the challenges of other HF bands. Without the big antennas I used to have, the reliability of the 20 metre band for HF communications across the globe, now seems very attractive as did the small space required for a useful antenna. Today I begin on that antenna and will post an update.

4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to working you on 20. What transceiver do you have in Sydney town?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have at present an Icom IC706> Be happy to work you. Vintage gear will be moved here by end of year

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have at present an Icom IC706> Be happy to work you. Vintage gear will be moved here by end of year

    ReplyDelete